You are here
Home > Sport > RONALDO IN HOT MESS

RONALDO IN HOT MESS

The American woman, Kathryn Mayorga, who accused footballer Cristiano Ronaldo of molesting her in 2009, has now filed a lawsuit against him.

According to CNN, the lawsuit alleges that Mayorga repeatedly told the footballer “no” during the attack, and later, after she came forward with her complaint, he allegedly told his team of fixers that she, indeed, said ‘no’ and ‘stop’ several times.

Mayorga added that she was paid $375,000 in exchange for her silence, but she is suing him now and her lawsuit seeks to void the settlement and agreement.

The news made headlines in 2017, after German publication Der Spiegel first reported them. Last week, news surfaced that Ronaldo was taking a legal action against the paper. His lawyer called the reporting “blatantly illegal.”

“It violates the personal rights of our client Cristiano Ronaldo in an exceptionally serious way. This is an inadmissible reporting of suspicions in the area of privacy,” lawyer Christian Schertz said in a statement.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo appeared to have dismissed the rape accusation as “fake news.”

“What they said today, fake — fake news. They want to promote by my name. It’s normal. They want to be famous — to say my name. Yeah but it’s part of the job. I’m (a) happy man and all, all good,” he said in an Instagram live post on Friday, as reported by CNN.

Lets wait and see how this pans out.

Top